Joseph's

Friday, March 09, 2007

TRJ #4 dialogue

Conversation between Alice, main character in the book, and Ray Charles:

Ray: Hello, are you Alice?
Alice: Yes…
Ray: I heard that you are taking drug and you are very addicted to it.
Alice: …
Ray: My name is Ray Charles and I was called as legendary musician in 1949-2000.
Alice: Oh.. I have heard your name!
Ray: I came here to tell you some thing
Alice: About what?
Ray: When I was working with my music, I once was addicted to drugs, like you.
Alice: Oh…
Ray: I came here to tell you something. I regret that I had drug, my life could have been much better with out drugs. There are lots of thing that can make you happy, drugs are not the only way.
Alice: Why did you start taking drug?
Ray: First I started taking it because I had very hard time and drug made me feel good. But you have to know that good-feelings that drug gives are just fake feelings. How about you? Why did you take it?
Alice: I was lonely, and had no self-esteem. But every time I take drugs, I felt that I am special and I felt that like I’m in the most beautiful place in the world.
Ray: But you have to know that it is a fake image.
Alice: Yes, I knew those images were not true. But I couldn’t stop taking it. “After you had it, there isn’t life without drugs” (83)
Ray: But you can get rid of it right now since there are lots of people helping you, right?
Alice: I will try…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home