Joseph's

Thursday, March 08, 2007

TRJ #3 personal

-I am almost half way through my reading, and lots of things happened in the story. Alice went to San Francisco, not telling her family. And she experiences very hard time, she got raped and she also took lots of drugs, which makes her come back to her family. When she came back to family and spends happy Christmas. Alice becomes very happy not from drug but from love of family. I felt that love of family is the true key to happiness.
-My mom and dad divorced when I was young, therefore I don’t even understand how happy it is to spend time with family. Of course I don’t remember spending Christmas with mom and dad. When I came home from elementary school, only darkness and loneliness welcomed me. My father came late after his work, and I had no one to share my school story with. So I always looked out the window and waited for my dad. On rainy days, when other kids were waiting for their moms to come and pick them up, I had to put my bag above my head and run through the rain because I knew that no one will bring umbrella for me. Sometimes when my grandmother and grandfather came to our house, I could talk to someone and that is the only happiness for me when I was young. Because of these reasons, When I read this part of the book which described the “family love” I was touched by how Alice’s family welcomed Alice even though she went to San Francisco without permission. I got little older and I am use to the loneliness, and I never cry because there is no one in the house. But this scene still touched my heart, I was happy to hear that Alice is with her family but also it was sad to think that I never had that kind of happiness before.
-I think this book is very meaningful, and I really enjoy reading this book. This book has lots of lessons in it even though it is a diary. And I am looking forward to find more hidden lessons in the book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Kim said...

I am sorry to hear what happened during your childhood. After reading your entry, I felt how lucky I am to have a family. I realized that I should appreciate my family more instead of always ordering my younger brother to do things and complaining to my mom and dad. Maybe I have not realized it on my own because I never had any tough times that I needed my family’s help to get through. But now, I don’t need something bad to happen to me to know that my family loves me. And Joseph, although I cannot be as close as a family member to you, always know that I can be there for you when you need me.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home